At the end of every year, we all have resolutions about what will or not do in the coming year, normally two weeks into January the firmness oft he resolution fades away.
There is the need for firmness in your mind towards what you have decided to this year.
Focus, Firmness and determination is the driving force that will help you to achieve the desired goal.
Focus is defined as the MAIN or CENTRAL POINT of something, especially of attention or interest..
– To Focus is a state or a condition in which something can be clearly apprehended, understood or perceived.
– Focus demands constancy of heart and purpose, honesty, steadiness of gaze, and a right goal in walk and life. A life of integrity requires attention to heart, speech, eyes, and conduct.
Focus is keeping your eyes from straying from righteousness, and your feet on an established path that leads away from evil.
Do not be side-tracked by events.
The noise of the sea will not disturb fishes from sleeping, do not be side-tracked stay focused, be on track and turn a deaf ear to any noise that wil distract your attention
Proverbs 4:25-27 (NKJV)
25. Let your eyes look straight ahead,
And your eyelids look right before you.
26. Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.
27. Do not turn to the right or the left;
Remove your foot from evil.
Pursue a sincere and direct purpose, avoiding temptations.
– Consider well; a wise course results from wise forethought.
– Avoid all by-paths of evil, a life of integrity requires attention to the heart, speech, eyes, and conduct.
In 2 Kings 4:29 Elijah instructed Gahazi If you meet anyone, do not greet him; and if anyone greets you, do not answer him… „
Please understand in that culture, it was customary to make lengthy, formal salutations when meeting anyone, but such greetings were to be dispensed with because the matter was so urgent.
Eastern manners consumed precious time and to no purpose. Greetings sometimes would be repeated ten times with many bowings and asking of the health of everyone in the family.
Elisha forbade this of his servant, for his mission was urgent.
In Luke 10:4 Jesus’ instruction to the 70 He sent….. “and greet no one along the road”.
The instructions underscore the urgency of the mission.
This does not imply the renunciation of common courtesies of life, for Christians must be courteous.